Reopening of Shizendo Martial Arts
Shizendo Martial Arts will begin its gradual reopening starting 1st August at Istead Rise Community Centre, Gravesend.
The session will start at 2PM for Adults.
For further details please review our full list of venues below.
Online Training Sessions
We offer online training session in the form of Videos and Zoom Video Conferences.
For further details please contact Steve Martin or submit a query via our online form
Thinking of joining our club
Shizendo Martial Arts has Karate classes throughout Kent for both Kids and Adults.
1. What to do next? Find your nearest karate class and come along for your first free taster session.
2. What do I wear? The best clothing is a T shirt, track suit bottoms or shorts if you prefer.
3. How long is the session? Children’s training sessions last 45 minutes. Adult training sessions are for an hour or more.
4. What to expect?
- Children – Your first training session will be a basic overview of the first section of the syllabus. The children will be taught how to bow in the dojo (Training Hall) and Dojo etiquette followed by a warm up and basics. The child will be taught the four basic blocks. Two blocks to the mid line, one upper and one lower. Two basic kicks, front kick and back kick.
- Adults – The first section is differing from the children’s and is as follows. The seven strike techniques are taught first. These are the basic punches; the front jab, rear jab, cross punch, hook, upper cut, overhead and back fist. Two kicks are also taught, the front kick and angle kick. A foot work drill is also covered developing the eight directions in a forward stance.
5. Do I need to be fit? No, the first lesson will be tailored to your needs. The training is conducive to learning and getting you fitter, slowly developing your martial art skills.
6. Do I need to sign up straight away? No, you train for a number of weeks before you join our group.
7. What do I need once I join? A licence is a requirement for all martial arts Shizendo Karate starters pack. The starters pack contains Karate suit, belt, two badges, grading syllabus and club information.
Grading’s are held on a regular basis at Tonbridge Leisure Centre on a Sunday morning. You only grade when the standard is reached, your instructor will advise when you are eligible to grade.
For further information please contact Steve Martin 01634720098 or 07999346050.
Alternatively contact us by email Info@Shizendo.co.uk or via our online form.
HOMBU CLUBS (Home Clubs)
Istead Rise Community Centre| [google maps] |
Worcester Close, Istead Rise, Gravesend, Kent, DA13 9LB
Adults Karate 2.00 pm – Starting Saturday 1st August
Angel Ln, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1SF
Kids Karate 5.30 pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Adults Karate 7.00 pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Kids Karate 5.15pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Adults Karate 7.30pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Thursday Northfleet Gravesend
Kids Karate 6.00 pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Adults Karate 8.15 pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Kids Karate 4.15pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Adults Karate 7.15pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Kids Karate 3.00 pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Adults Karate 4.30 pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Satellite Karate Clubs Venues
Friday Cliffe Woods
Kids Karate 7.00pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Adults Karate 7.45pm – Reopening dates to be confirmed
Satellite Karate Classes are managed by other Shizendo Instructors teaching the Shizendo system of karate. The chief instructor oversees the development and standards of both inhouse instructors and students of these clubs, to maintain a level of quality. The instructors of the Satellite clubs have to attend regular training with the chief instructor to uphold their own standards of training, which reflects in the students standards. Standards are monitored on monthly gradings by a select grading panel.
For Dan gradings, the Technical Committee will be consulted for approval and date then set for the candidate to attempt the grading test. The Technical Committee is made up of third Dans and above.